Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What if the Sooners are ranked No 3

Already some folks are worrying about if the Sooners are undefeated and on the outside looking in. Well, here's my analysis.

LSU - hosts ranked South Carolina, defending national champ and 5th ranked Florida, travels to Tuscaloosa for the Saban Bowl, hosts Arkansas, and if they come through that unscathed must beat someone from the East for the SEC Championship, presumably Florida with two months more experience or South Carolina.

USC - Pete Carroll and his TB by committee travel to an improved Washington, travels to ranked Oregon (before they go in their traditional November tank), travel to #8 California, play intracity rival and 11th ranked UCLA at home.

OU - aside from hated rival Texas at a neutral site, the toughest game is probably at Texas Tech. The next three most difficult matchups are at home (Mizzou, Cash Machine U and Boone State).

All this to say that there are enough difficult games out there that I don't anticipate all three making it through the whole way undefeated. And, if they do, I must admit that I believe SC and LSU will venture through a more difficult patch to get there. If they do get through undefeated, as much as it pains me to say it, they're probably more deserving.

On the other hand, if some Big East school breezes through, then it's a travesty and heads will roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My...I never thought the head thief would start playing the "what if" game so early in the season. I'm speechless.