Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Goal Setting at Boone State

Nice article in the Dallas Morning News about Boone State's quest for football championships in Stillwater. However, after reading about the game in several outlets, and reading the article linked to, I believe Boone State should reconsider. Following are my two favorite anecdotes from the story:
  • regarding Les Miles last game as a Poke coach..."Then, that Alamo
    Bowl game against Ohio State proved to me he wanted out. Ohio State beat us like 100-to-nothing. I left at halftime, flew home and watched the fourth quarter from my bed.
  • "Pickens wants to see one more drive. It ends with a punt. With 5:52 left, the Pickens party is heading out of the suite."

I guess the first goal at Boone State should be GETTING THE WEALTHIEST BOOSTER IN THE U.S. AMERICA TO STAY FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKING GAME when playing a top flight opponent.

Sorry I went all Stephen A. Smith on you there. Boone is involved with the program, but this fella is COMMITTED. Or should be.

No comments: