Thursday, August 9, 2007

Supply Demand Curve Revisited

I saw on EDSBS the other day a piece from Wendell Barnhouse that at Pitt a $120 season ticket (7 game schedule), a second season ticket can be had for $10. That supply demand curve is a beast sometimes, isn’t it? The fans must be missing Tyler Palko.

The beauty of the web is I could see what other ticket prices are around the country.
Boise State Broncos season tix range from $110-300.
Memphis Tigers range from $90-250. For $700 you can get in the Stadium Club. I think the benefit here is that in the Stadium Club, you don’t have to watch the game.
Illinois $60-$214
TCU - $75 each (frog zone plan, 4 minimum) – up to $200. I gotta think this is one of the better values in D-1 football. Also, you need to go to the game in person because the local papers won’t cover it.
Phog Allen U – Family pack of four for $350. Normal folk $275. If you bring a non-perishable food item to Shamangino’s office before the game, you get in free.
BYU – range from $96 in the end zone to $330 for west side chair seats. Legacy Club seats run $1,100, and your third wife gets in free.
Mizzou – regular joe $266. Family fun pass (2 adults, 3 kids) is $440. I don’t now why Missouri families are bigger than Kansas families, and I couldn't think of a good punchline.
USC Trojans - $295 for a six game package
Texas Convicts - $355. Tour of Travis County Jail an additional $10. LSU - $305. The picture on this page says it all.

LSU - This picture says it all.
CU Later - $205 - $355. Buffs separate shoulder patting themselves on back for not raising ticket prices. After a 2-10 year. They must be confident.
Boone State - $359. In my favorite marketing move, students have to purchase an all sports pass to get basketball tickets at Boone state, and the ASP includes football tickets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 4 of no TCU mention in DMN sports page. It did have an article on UNT needing a new football stadium. I believe there is a top 25 team within 25 miles of Dallas. I would think a blurb once a week would be nice. I may resort to a hunger strike until DMN throws out a TCU note. I could stand to lose some weight.

--Happy Gilmore