Saturday, August 11, 2007

Report From Scrimmage

Loving the new college experience...they have wireless networks in the library. Who'da thunk? Back in my day, we didn't have networks, or wireless networks. And we liked it.

Anywho, here are the HeadThief's thoughts of the scrimmage portions that I watched.
Our deep snapper is very accurate...several pundits proclain our offensive line unit as one of the best in the nation, if not the best...well, our d-line must be unfreaking believable then...personally, none of the QB's wowed me, in part because the o-line was busy being dominated, passes were mostly dumpoffs and screens. IMO, Nichol probably had the best scrimmage, and I believe it is b/c he's the most mobile of the three...Nichol led them to the one offensive TD that I witnessed...Bradford appears to be the least mobile (though he's not a post ACL Jason White)...Adron Tonnell got a lot of balls thrown his way when the ball was thrown to a WR...physically, he's a specimen and I hope to see more of that on the field this year...Garrett Hartley missed on a 57 yarder (wide left) and I expect him to have his scholarship revoked any day now...Mossis Madu looked good late in the scrimmage.

We here at LandThieves spent all of our budget to secure a former Sooner HC roundtable to analyze today's scrimmage. Now, let's welcome Barry Switzer, Gary Gibbs, Howard Schnellengberger and John Blake...

LT: Thanks for coming guys. Coach Gibbs, let's start with you, since I know you need to get back to New Orleans. What did you think of the scrimmage?
GG: Well, we just wanted to secure the football and play good defense. Unfortunately, turnovers and penaltives kept us from being successful today offensively.
LT: The more things change, the more they stay the same. Thanks for that insight, Coach. Coach Blake, what did you think of the performance of the lines?
JB: Uh, the defensive line they played real well I thought. Those guys on the other side, whaddya call 'em offensive linemen?...well, they're just such good kids, and they been working real hard. It breaks my heart to see them struggle like that.
LT: Thanks John. Tell Butch Davis we said hi. Coach - and I use that term loosely -Schnellenberger, you've seen some great QBs in your careers, what did you think of the QB play?
HS: You d*** okies don't know $h!~ about football. Jim Kelly, now that guy was a quarterback!
LT: Barry, you were out there watching a bit. What did you think?
BS: Well, we had a couple of oskies on the defensive side of the ball, and that's always good. DeMarco Murray reminds me of Lil Joe Washington, so I gave him a $100 bill.
LT: Coach, I think that's against NCAA rules.
BS: That's funny, it was then too.
LT: Coach Switzer, did you have any other observations?
BS: That Bradford kid's got a great looking girlfriend. I'd like to see more of that -
LT: Barry! That's enough. I guess that wraps things up for today, thanks for your time everyone.

No comments: