- I hope Gresham had an insurance policy like Bradford.
- If Bradford returns for the Tulsa game, someone needs their head examined. Sam, make sure you're healed. Don't be a hero. Fortunately, dad understands the insurance business.
- After I move past those two significant injuries, the Big 12 looks even harder now than it did prior to Labor Day weekend.
- Oklahoma State exceeded expectations with a 14 point W over the highly ranked Georgia Bulldogs.
- Baylor beat Wake Forest on the road, fanning the flames of increased expectations in Waco.
- Texas A&M did not look incompetent against New Mexico. The 13 or so true freshmen that played tells you two things a) the cupboard was pretty bare in College Station when Sherman arrived; b) Sherman has a solid 2009 recruiting season. Additionally, it's not unlikely for high school kids to see that want to be a part of an emerging program.
- In a nutshell, from a public opinion perspective, the Sooners got worse with injuries and an anemic o-line performance, and three of their Big 12 South rivals appear better than expected. If you're not careful, you could be at 8-4 in a hurry.
- Anybody that claims they learned something from Tech's victory over North Dakota, or the Horns victory over Louisiana-Monroe, is way smarter than me. Or delusional.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Sorting through Injury Week
Gresham's out for the year, and Bradford is out 2-4 weeks. Here's what I think I think on these subjects: