Friday, October 5, 2007

VIP Connection from Bass Fishing Coach

By Joe Huff


I was able to find some loose change in the sofa and subscribe to Cash Machine U Bass Fishing Coach Joe Bob Slocum's VIP Connection newsletter. Now that the whole "VIP Connection" series has been outed I felt I could break the confidentiality of this part of the last one of the series, as the Aggies travelled to Lake Lewisville for the National Championships.


  • They have this Garden Ridge Pottery Store up here. That place is awesome! I love me some pink flamingos.
  • I'm not going to tell anyone else, but one of the boys is having trouble with his wrist. He says it's from "excessive casting". I hope he's right.
  • The Bonfire/Fish Fry for the boys was completely ruined by the PETA people last night. I guess they've moved on from that whole Michael Vick thing.
  • Lake Lewisville is a big lake. I put an "X" on the side of the boat so we could remember where we were fishing today.
  • The 8 track tape player on the boat ate my .38 special "Wild Eyed Southern Boys" 8 track. If anyone has an extra copy, please email me at joebobslocum@gmail.com
  • The boys got really hammered at Sneaky Pete's earlier tonight. I hope they're not too drunk too fish tomorrow. Mickey Mantle used to play baseball after tying one on the night before. Surely these boys can sit in a freaking boat with a pole in their hands for a few hours with a hangover.
  • We don't have any traditions at the TAMU fishing program. We had the "Small Mouth Bass" tradition for awhile, but found out later that was illegal in most states.

No comments: