Monday, October 8, 2007

LandThieves Poll Announced

Following is my first poll of the season. It's a strictly a computer poll, using several factors, including w/l record, margin of victory, opponents w/l, opponents' opponents w/l, home and road records, and how often you've played on the road.
  1. LSU
  2. Ohio State
  3. South Florida
  4. Boston College
  5. Missouri
  6. Arizona State
  7. Cincinnati
  8. Auburn
  9. Illinois
  10. California
  11. Oregon
  12. Kansas
  13. Connecticut
  14. South Carolina
  15. West Virginia
  16. Oklahoma
  17. Florida
  18. Kentucky
  19. Southern Cal
  20. Purdue
  21. Virginia
  22. Massachusetts
  23. Michigan
  24. Virginia Tech
  25. Indiana

Self-analysis says UMass at 22 is a little wacky. Though if they run the spread offense, there's no doubt they could take the 23rd ranked Michigan Wolverines. I disagree with my Florida at 17 as well. Apparently my poll doesn't yet take into consideration losing to the #1 ranked team on the road in the last minute. Since Florida dropped in the human polls too, let's just acknowledge my poll is flawed, too. I have the Fisheaters 139th, right behind Denver Johnson's Illinois State Redbirds. That feels about right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep this poll going and in a few years you will be part of the BCS Computer Poll group.

I solve problems.