Monday, January 12, 2009

Tebow applies for TRO

by Legal Correspondent Cedric Benson

Miami (LTP) - Florida QB Tim Tebow appeared in a South Florida courtroom yesterday seeking a temporary restraining order against Fox Sports Play-by-play man Thom Brennaman yesterday.

Tebow pleaded with Judge Galen Hall, “This man just creeps me out…first he says on national television that ‘if you’re fortunate to spend five minutes or twenty minutes around Tim Tebow, your life is better for it’…Someone told me
after the game about that, and I thought that was kinda creepy. Then, after the game, he follows me into the shower – which is off limits to media – and wants to spend his five minutes with me in there. Fortunately, Brandon Spikes removed him.”

“Later, I returned from the shower to my locker and Brennaman was still standing there. He said he’d read where
I’d done circumcisions before He said he thought the doctor had done his circumcision improperly, dropped his pants and asked me to take a look at the doctor’s work. At that point I ran screaming from the locker room.”
Judge Galen Hall issued an order requiring Brennaman to stick to working baseball games and banned him from being within 100 yards of Tebow.


Upon learning that Brennaman was a MLB broadcaster for the Reds, he has chosen to stay in school for his senior year to decrease his chances of playing for the Cincinnati Bengals.

When asked to comment on the situation, Peter King, a friend of Brennaman’s said, “I’ve never seen such
obsessions with an athlete before in my life. And I’m never talking to Brett Favre again.

No comments: