Thursday, December 11, 2008

Heisman Finalists

As expected, Sam Bradford was selected as a Heisman finalist, along with McCoy and Tebow. TT QB Graham Harrell was not invited to NY, and Coach Leach is less than happy. I don't blame him. Harrell had a great year, coming up big in the Texas and Okie State games. I would imagine his performance in the OU game hurt him in the eyes of the electorate.

As for how the final Heisman voting plays out, I expect it to be 1) Tebow; 2) McCoy; 3) Bradford. I believe this because: a) Bradford, McCoy and Harrell split the Big 12 vote; b) I think nationally many discount the Big 12's perceived lack of defense (at least Tebow does); c) there' s a part of the electorate that will vote for Tebow because he's had decent numbers, and he won it last year, much like Archie Griffin's back-to-back Heisman trophies in the mid 70s.

No comments: