Monday, December 3, 2007

Big 12 Predictions Reviewed

Well, I decided to look at my predictions from earlier in the year. The Yahoo! college pick 'em didn't work out well for me, either; there's a reason I'm an accountant and not a prognosticator.

Original predictions are at http://landthieves.blogspot.com/2007/08/big-12-south-preview.html and http://landthieves.blogspot.com/2007/07/big-12-north-predictions.html

disclaimer: trying google docs and posting; this could be ugly...

Big 12 north

Prediction

Actual

Upon further review

NebraskaMissouriI expected the jrs and srs at Nebraska to carry the team. Apparently the Huskers did, too, as they fired Callahan. Also, the curse of Warren Powers appears to have been lifted.
ColoradoKansasI was close on this one, but not really. I had considered slots 2-5 interchangeable, and the gap between 2 and 3-5 in the North was huge.
KansasColoradoColorado was really inconsistent this year; upsetting the Sooners and shutting down Tech, then losing to Kansas State and Iowa State.
MissouriKansas StateI was a wee bit off on the Tigers. Hats off to them.
Kansas StateNebraskaI don't think anyone saw the Husker collapse coming.
Iowa StateIowa StateI know a cellar dwellar when I see it. They actually did better than I thought they would.
Big 12 South
PredictionActualUpon further review
Travis County JailOklahomaTwo things make the difference here: a) underestimated the o-line losses by the 'horns; and b) Sam Bradford rarely played like a freshman.
OklahomaTravis County Jailsee above.
Boone StateTieI used an excel function to predict 3-5, as I saw the teams as interchangeable. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Dust PiratesTiesee above.
Cash Machine UTiesee above.
BaylorBaylorI know a cellar dwellar when I see it.

No comments: