Sunday, April 27, 2008

Random Draft Thought for the Day

One of my less-pleasing experiences was watching the 2005 Orange Bowl, where the Men of Troy opened up a full refrigerator of whoop-*** on my Sooners. A friend called me up at halftime of that game pretending to be a fund raiser for SC, offering to call off the dogs if I'd donate to SC. It was such a butt kicking I actually though the call was funny.
Today, I spent a few minutes doing some research of drafts of players from each school. My research is imprecise, because I didn't track each of these kids back to the OB roster, but here's the NFL draft for OU and USC since:

Round 1 Picks - USC 8, OU 4
Round 2 Picks - USC 11, OU 6
Round 3 Picks - USC 2, OU 5
Round 4 Picks - 1 each
Round 5 Picks - USC 4, OU 3
Round 6 Picks - USC 1, OU 2
Round 7 Picks - USC 2, OU 2
Total picks - USC 31, OU 23

I'm not sayin' the 8 pick difference would lead to a 36 point margin of victory - let's not forget the Sooners made a valiant comeback in the 4th quarter to close the gap - but I think we could say the Trojans were more talented.

Now back to work.

No comments: