Monday, July 21, 2008

Sooners #1 in Big 12 South


In a surprise to no one, the Sooners are my pick to finish first in the Big 12 South. This year, I think the Big 12 South is going to be down from prior highs. I sometimes look at the Sooners with a skeptical eye. They weren't that solid defensively last year, and managed to lose most of the back seven to graduation/completion of eligibility/pros. In the dark shadows of the Fiesta Bowl, I gloomily predicted a 9-3 record for the Sooners. I still think that's possible. The #3 ranked hype is all about the offensive line returning in tact and Sam Bradford returning, etc, but the defense lost Lofton, Smith and Walker, among others. Sure, there's talent back there still - they've recruited well - but it won't have much game experience. Many Sooners fans - and even more enemies of the Sooner nation - believe Stoops can't do this thing on his own. Therefore, I'm challenging Coach Stoops this year with Independence. Personally, I'm not a believer in the HeadVisor can't do it without Mike. On the other hand, I'd be bummed if we didn't hire Mike back in about 24 hours after Arizona fired him, if that happened.

No comments: