Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Big 12 Previews, LandThieves Style

This year's previews will not feature "facts" or "statistics". You can get those on sundaymorningqb.com or spend $10 or so on Phil Steele, Athlon's or Street and Smith. If you want "features" you can wait for SI's preview.


We here at LandThieves will be doing previews with a motivational poster we've devised for the program. Occasionally, we'll submit the motivational poster to you, the reader (s?) to vote on.


For example, our first preview is for Iowa State. I project them to finish sixth in the Big 12 North. I thought about picking them seventh. I can't name a single player on Iowa State roster, and I'm too tired to research it. I think Bret Meyer completed his doctoral thesis on "Frustrating Your Head Coach, A Tutorial" and has moved on. Dwayne Crutchfield and Sage Rosensels are gone, too. Had I watched the game where the cyclones nearly beat the Sooners, I might be able to name an Iowa Stater.



Now, on to the Iowa State motivational poster. In researching good pics that either made me think of Iowa State or included Cyclone fans, I came up with these two.

Loyalty - I just felt for this guy. It seemed like a bad use of perfectly good body paint.

Effort - my step-mother-in-law rehabilitates opossums. She sometimes spends months rehabbing a rodent that has an average life span of 18 months. Seems to me like that typifies Iowa State. You can play football there, make some progress and go 6-6 or 7-5, but eventually Kansas, Missouri, Colorado or Nebraska (depending upon the season) is going to crush you.

I'm torn between the two. Cast your vote, and we'll proceed with the rest of our predictions when I come back from the promised land on Sunday.

2 comments:

poopsandwich said...

Loyalty. Definitely Loyalty.

Anonymous said...

Rehabilitation of possums??? I thought that only happened in Arkansas. And they call it dinner...