Wednesday, July 1, 2009

For The Wagerer in You

I saw these early betting lines this morning at the Barking Carnival and selected a few to share thoughts on:

  • Boone State is a 3 point favorite to Georgia - the Pokes are one of the "sleeper" picks that everyone is picking. Which doesn't make them much of a sleeper. If Gundy's boys win this, they'll be favored in the following six games and likely be 7-0 when they host Texas. I would take Georgia and the points.
  • Oklahoma is a 21 point favorite to BYU - that's a pretty beefy spread to a 10-3 team that has a bunch of 24 years olds on the roster. The Fightin Mormons return Max Hall as he pursues a PhD. I would pick the Sooners to win, but not to cover.
  • Oklahoma is a 10 point favorite on the road at Miami - if Miami ever gets an offensive philosophy again - and they might with new OC Mark Whipple, this is a tough spread to cover. Nonetheless, I'll take the Sooners and give points.
  • Oklahoma is a 3 point underdog to Texas. This seems about right to me, though I'd take the Sooners and the points.
  • Boone State is a 7 point underdog to Texas at home. The last two games ahve been settled by a total of 7 points, both Horn victories. Take Boone State and the points.
  • Oklahoma is a 9.5 favorite at Nebraska - 9.5 is a big spread on the road, but I believe in my Sooners.
  • Oklahoma is a 9 point favorite at Texas Tech - The Sooners last won in Lubbock in 2003. It could happen again, but I would take the Dust Pirates and the points.
  • Oklahoma is a 10.5 point favorite at home vs Boone State. In Norman, Stoops Sooners have won by 37, 43, 28 and 32, and lost by 3 to a Les Miles coached squad. Take Sooners and give the points.

As always the above predictions are for amusement purposes only. I'd be a skinny gambler.

No comments: