Chuck Woodling is allegedly a columnist for the Lawrence Journal-World & News. Saturday's musing by Chuck presented this thought on the late Wayman Tisdale..."Tisdale will always be remembered as a bit player in one of the ugliest incidents in the history of ...Allen Fieldhouse."
First of all, Chuck is getting absolutely blasted in the comments section of the paper. Second, many of the commenters are Jayhawk fans expressing embarrassment over this individual's writings of the day. For that, I tip my cap to the Jayhawks.
On the other hand, my research has indiciated at least five other ugly incidents in Kansas University's Allen Fieldhouse..
5. Anytime these tats show up at Allen Fieldhouse, it's an ugly incident.
4. Kansas student travels back in time to see Wilt Chamberlain's first "do-it" room while a student at the University of Kansas.
3. Jim Harrick propositions Paul Pierce in a scene that if not ugly, is at least uncomfortable.
2. The Mannings recruiting visit to Lawrence. I was not able to find a photo to document this, but did find a artist depiction of the scene.
1. And finally, the ugliest incident at Allen Fieldhouse? Mark Mangino displays a stool sample to Jayhawk fans after eating a football whole.